kalico on "[Plugin: BuddyPress Docs] Docs breaks bbPress private group/forum associations"
I posted this initially on the BuddyPress forum, because I did not know what the cause was. Now that I've narrowed it down to most likely being related to Docs, @r-a-y suggested I post it here.
The original post is here for all the gory details.
I have a multisite running the latest version of
- BuddyPress >> define('BP_ROOT_BLOG', 20);
- CBOX >> define( 'CBOX_OVERRIDE_PLUGINS', true );
- Everything above is network activated. (rather "was" when the problem started...more on that below_
Users noticed that private group forums had "disappeared". They see a message that says "This group does not have a forum." As superadmin, I can see the forum just fine in the group. This is only the case for private forums. If I change a forum to "public" the group would display just fine for all users.
I ran tools to repair the group/forum relationships, and it says complete....but it says "0 forums, 0 groups were fixed" and there are 11 groups. (That might just mean that no groups/forums were broken; maybe it's just unclear messaging.)
After a good bit of fiddling around, I finally activated bbPress only on the subsite of the network where I want it to function. This got rid of the confusing forums/topics/replies count on all the other subsites, which was probably just a red herring anyway.
So from here on, everything listed above is network active EXCEPT bbPress, which is only active in the root blog site where BuddyPress is.
After some additional testing I pinpointed one CBOX plugin that triggers the forums to "vanish": BuddyPress Docs. Here's how I discovered it:
1) I deactivated all the CBOX plugins, except for BuddyPress. Tested forums/groups and it all appears to be associated properly. The users can see the private forums in private groups. Yay!
2) I activated the “Group Email Subscriptions” plugin via CBOX, since that one is very important to our existing setup. Forums/groups associations are still working fine. Yay again!
3) I activated the “Docs” plugin via CBOX, and WHAMM! It clobbered my forum visibility! Now only admin can see forums on the front end “group” pages. I tried deactivating it from CBOX (which makes it network-wide) then activating it just on the root site for BuddyPress, and it still has the same breaking effect.
We really need “Docs” working, so now the focus is on figuring out why Docs is breaking the forums.
For those of you who will see this more than once, I apologize for the cross posting on the CBOX forums. I am not sure of the best location, but @r-a-y suggested that if it's a BuddyPress Docs bug it should go here. I don't know if it is, but you folks here are best suited to figure it out, if it is.
Thanks in advance. :)
ما را در سایت WordPress
دنبال می کنید
نویسنده : استخدام کار
بازدید : 34
تاريخ : جمعه
1395 ساعت: 4:10